The advantages of wet cleaning over traditional dry cleaning that uses tetrachloroethylene (perchloroethylene)—commonly called perc, are many fold.
ADVANTAGES OF WET CLEANING FOR EMPLOYEES
Wet cleaning carries none of the health risks associated with long-term exposure to perc.
ADVANTAGES OF WET CLEANING FOR CUSTOMERS
- Cleaner clothes. Much cleaner clothes. Seriously. Way cleaner!
- Wet cleaned garments will never develop that yellow look commonly seen on items that have been repeatedly dry cleaned with perc.
- Clothes don’t come home with residual amounts of harmful chemicals like perc, which off-gas and contaminate cars and homes.
- Clothes don’t have that stinky “dry cleaned” smell (again, toxic perc).
- Wet cleaning is often able to remove stains a traditional dry cleaner can’t fix.
- Garments fade less and the fabrics don’t incur as much damage from repeated washings.
ADVANTAGES OF WET CLEANING FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Wet cleaning eliminates the risk of perc contaminating groundwater.
- Neighbors are safer from air exposure to perc.
- Wet cleaning is more energy efficient than dry cleaning, resulting in a reduced carbon footprint.